Pharmacies are currently under huge strain during the Coronavirus pandemic. Please help the provide their service safely and efficiently by adhering the following advice.
- Do not attend a pharmacy if you have or think you have symptoms of COVID-19. Ask a friend or relative who is well to do this for you.
- The practice will accept request for prescriptions either by post, phone or ideally on-line.
- You will be asked for a designated pharmacy for prescriptions to sent to where you can collect your medication. Do not come to the Practice in person to collect prescriptions.
- Only request normal amounts of repeat medication – please do not over order. There are no shortages of medication being manufactured however over ordering and stockpiling will create issues with supply chains.
- Please do not order early, however please note that Pharmacies are advising to leave 5 days before picking up routine prescriptions. Requests for urgent medications which are required due to clinical need will be dealt with individually. If you are late ordering a routine medication this will not necessarily be issued urgently.
- Please do not request asthma inhalers unless you have a diagnosis of asthma or COPD and get inhalers prescribed on a regular, repeat basis. Inhalers are only prescribed due to clinical need.